Directions: Answer the questions by filling in the blanks.
1. What are the two purposes served by the presence of visual aids like charts, tables, and graphs?
2. Pie charts illustrate how
3. What is the main difference between the function of a pie chart and the purpose of a line graph?
4. In a line graph, the straight line going from left to right at the bottom is called the
5. The line going from top to bottom at the left-most side is called the
6. Writers are likely to use bar graphs when they want their readers to
7. Flow charts help readers to
8. If you are reading a difficult passage accompanied by a flow chart, you should look at the flow chart
9. Tables list
10. Like with all other visual aids in Chapter 11, the first step in reading a table is to
Last change made to this page: Jan. 8, 2007